Pages

Monday 11 May 2009

Hugs for my Niece


I made this card for my 3yr old niece, who fell yesterday and broke her leg. She was in such a lot of pain and had to endure surgery last night, as the bones had moved and needed to be set right. Hopefully she will be home today :) She is such an active child who loves to run around and be outdoors all the time so this is going to be so hard on her. She's too young to have crutches and will have to be pushed around either in a wheelchair or stroller. I've no doubt that it's going to be equally as tough on her mum.

I also carried the design to the inside of this one. This is the first time I've done the inside and I like it!!!!


Card ingredients:
Papers: Pink Paislee Fascinating, K & Co. Que Sera Sera
and BG Urban Prairie
Distress Inks - Fired Brick, Broken China, Frayed Burlap, Dried Marigold, Tattered Rose & Spiced Marmalade.
Blossoms: Prima - Got Flowers Winter
Ribbon - East of India

7 comments:

Nilla said...

This is a very sweet card, love the papers you matched so well! hugs Nilla

Rach said...

this is a gorgeous card, i love the tearing that you have done and the papers are brilliant. i am sure that this is going to cheer your niece up no end. x

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

wow sandie, your niece is going to freak out :-) you have put so much work into your card...i hope she knows that hahaha... but i know you give it because you love her and wnat to make her smile
i love all your paper tearing and patterns.. just a fab card

Elisa said...

Ouch, poor thing!
The outside&inside card is beautiful, all the papers look so good together!

DeeDee said...

Poor niece! I can't imagine an active 3 year old stuck in a wheelchair. :(

The card is lovely, and I'm happy to see you've branched to the insides.

Di's Dooodles said...

Awww the poor little thing, but I bet this gorgeous card made here smile again.
Hope her leg heals soon.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sandie! This card is beautiful inside and out! I love the colours!