Pages

Sunday 23 August 2009

SFTW meets Friday Sketchers


This week over on Stampin' for the Weekend the theme is Pink & Grey, ABC Challenges is 'B is for Buttons' and on Friday Sketchers they have sketch #66 to follow:



I used my cute little Daisy image, by Sweet Art Ebony. I just love this stamp, she's so sweet. I coloured her using distress inks and also shaded the background using Tattered Rose. Then I cut her out using the circles nestabilities and mounted it on a scalloped circle. The sketch had quite a lot of layers but it was fun to do. I added some organza grey/silver ribbon and finished off with pink & grey buttons threaded with scrappers floss.

Ingredients:
Image: 'Daisy' from SAE, Sugar Nellie
Papers: Blueberry Hill & cardstock (both PM)
Ribbon, buttons & scrappers floss from my stash
Cuttlebug, Nestabilities circle and scalloped circle.

Awards from Heather
Wow!! Heather passed on a total of FIVE awards to me.. I am honoured that she did so. Please go check out her wonderful creations if you haven't done so already



I would like to pass these awards onto some very talented ladies who have been supportive of my blog and who inspire me on a daily basis. I am a huge fan of their work and love to visit their blogs. I would like to thank them all for sharing their work with us.

Kim
Tab
Rach
Jorunn
Claudia

20 comments:

Donna said...

A beautiful card Sandie, your choice of papers makes your card so pretty, and I love the Daisy image, you've done a fabulous job coloring her. And great job on using buttons instead of flowers. Can't wait to see what you come up with when you start the challenges.
hugs
Donna xx

crafty amy said...

Ooooh this is so sweet. Those papers are just so pretty and the buttons are a great touch. I think this is one of my fav images too. Thank you for sharing another gorgeous card.

Thank you for joining us at stampin' for the weekend and good luck.
X Amy X

Penni said...

Beautiful card Sandie. Great awards too, I especially like the Bambi one it's so cute.

Hugs
Penni
X

Annacarin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Annacarin said...

Hi Sandie, I love your card.. the image and the colouring are perfect!
Hugs Annacarin

Sheila said...

Fantabulous card Sandie, I'v always loved this adorable Daisy image, she is my all time fave SN image:).
Hugs
Sheila xx

scrapperjulia said...

Great job on all of the challenges! Love how you colored this and your patterned paper choice, great card!

LivArtNow said...

Love your pretty card!!

Linda

Juls said...

just so beautiful!!

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

fabulous

thanks for joining us this week on ABC :)

Hugs Jane x

Dawn said...

Gorgeous - love the paper and the placement of the buttons..

thanks for joining us on ABC

Dawn

Helen said...

Beautiful card!
Thanks for joining us at the ABC Challenge this week!
Helen x

cats whiskers said...

Morning Dear, this is fabulous as are all the other creations you have posted since I went AWOL had a great time looking at them all.
Hugs Jacqui x

Vanja said...

Beautiful card! Fabulous paper and colouring. I love the buttons.
Thank you for joining us at SFTW and good luck. :)
Vanja

Nancy said...

Your card is gorgeous, Sandie:O) Love that stunning image, and your colouring is wonderful. Beautiful DP and the buttons are lovely.
Thank you for joining us at SFTW.
Nancy;O)

CraftyC said...

Your card is stunning Vanja. Daisy is one of my favourite images!!
Clairex

Vicki said...

What a beautiful creation Sandie and a fab take on the sketch too, love the buttons, lovely finishing touch. Thank you for playing along again with this weeks SFTW challenge, good luck xx vicki xx

Victoria said...

lovely card
thank you for joining us on abc this week
Vicky

Victoria said...

lovely card
thank you for joining us on abc this week
Vicky

Di's Dooodles said...

Sandie that is such a pretty card. I have that stamp too, it's so sweet isn't it.