Pages

Saturday 1 December 2012

Waltzingmouse Stamps December Release Blog Waltz!

Hello and WELCOME to the Waltzingmouse Stamps December Release Blog Waltz. You should have arrived here from Bonnie's Blog, but if not and you'd like to waltz with us, then head over to Claire's Blog where the fun begins. 

Over the past three days the Design Team have been showcasing these amazing sets which will be available in store today - Woodgrain Backgrounder Set, My Heart, Woodgrain Alphabet & Ornate Ornaments - and today we have more inspiration for you!! 

My first card today features My Heart, a stamp set full to the brim of wonderful mix and match hearts & sentiments, and which coordinates perfectly with the Woodgrain Sets. 


I stamped the heart and  sentiment onto white card and trimmed it out with a scissors. I used Stampin' Up Mellow Moss and Melon Mambo inks. For the kraft frame I cut out a scalloped rectangle using Nestabilities and then taking a craft knife and a steel ruler I cut out the middle. Then I adhered contrasting paper to the back of the rectangle before adhering it with 3D foam strips.


I also used 3D foam dots to adhere the heart to add even more dimension to the card. To embellish I've added some flowers, pearls & blue twine. 


My second card features two of the new release sets - Woodgrain Backgrounder Set and Ornate Ornaments. I used Stampin' Up Pretty in Pink and Antique Linen Distress Inks for the background. 


 I heat embossed the ornament with Metallic Blue embossing powder and I used Heirloom Ornament Nestabilities to cut it out. I added some white snowflakes and a button flossed with baker's twine to embellish. 


Both the woodgrain background and the ornament are mounted on foam dots for dimension. The white border was puched out using Martha Stewart Antique Lace punch. 


There will be a prize of a stamp set of choice from a random drawing from comments left on each of the DT blogs. You have until December 3rd 11:59 PM (GMT), (December 4th) 5:5 9AM Central, 3:59 AM Pacific and 6:59 AM Eastern to leave comments. The winner will be posted on Claire’s blog on Wednesday, December 5th.

Next stop on the waltz is Julia's Blog!!

Happy Waltzing!!
Sandie
xx



35 comments:

Julia Aston said...

Beautiful cards Sandie! love all the layers on the first with the flowers, frame and doily - and the blue is so striking on your ornament card!

Charmaine Stack said...

Lovely cards. The Kraft frame looks great. You are getting a lot of mileage out of the wood grain stamp!

Laraine R said...

Great cards! Love the new stamps!

Michelle N. said...

Such stunning cards-I love the new sets!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous cards, super super pretty!

Angelnorth said...

Great cards, love the pink and blue combo for Christmas!

Sue D said...

Lovely cards--I like all the embellishments on the first one and the wood grain on the second.

Gerdine said...

Wonderful projects!

Sam B said...

These are both wonderful - I can't decide which one I like better!!!

Clare said...

Two gorgeous cards, I really love the first one, fabulous layers and layout! Stunning!

Kelly S. said...

That heart card is full of layered loveliness, Sandie! I can just imagine the recipient opening it and ooo-ing and aah-ing over the amazing details. That ornament is STUNNING in brilliant BLUE!

The Hardy Stamper said...

Beautiful cards - I just love the new stamps!

Deborah Frings said...

Sandie - you really have made some smashing cards here! Love, love the pretty heart card with the love ribbon, heart doily and gems. And the ornament is stunning!

Caryn S said...

Sweet valentine card with the doily and the flower. Love the non-traditional colors on your Christmas card.

Isabel Z said...

Your creations are breathtaking!

craftymom205 said...

Great cards.

craftymom205 at yahoo dot com

marilynwillauer said...

Beautiful cards! I'm especially fond of the first one, love the heart doily and all the embellishments!

Karenladd said...

Oh my gosh, I love that pierced heart frame with the wood grain! Beautiful cards with a sweet vintage feel.

Claire said...

Two completely different cards and both stunning- love all your layers on the first one and the non-traditional blue and pink looks fab on your Christmas card!

Albany said...

Wow such pretty cards, that first card in particular is fantastic! x

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

WOW! Your samples are all amazing! Thanks for wonderful inspiration!
Have to get that heart and woodgrain set right away!!! Hugs, Karin

Kathya said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Sandie! I fell in love with the first one, every detail is so beautiful and perfect. It is a sweet and loverly card.

Vickie Z said...

Tow beautiful cards! Love all the frills and embellies on the first and the ornament looks wonderful on the second!

Unknown said...

Awesome cards. i've fallen in love with the Christmas one! Thanks for sharing.

marianneDOTwanhamATgmailDOTcom

Miriam Prantner said...

Great cards! I really love the layers and dies, especially that white heart doily on the first card.

Lynn Mercurio said...

Oh my goodness, Sandie...these are two amazing cards. Stunning design with your heart card. Love how that image looks cut out and how wonderfully it looks nested with the frame and doily heart. So precious!

Your Christmas card just melts me, done in such a wonderful color scheme. Your snowflake accents are perfect and the button on top really finishes off this gorgeous ornament!

Amazing job!

Christine said...

Love, love, love your Valentine card. The colors and dimension are fabulous! The Christmas card is very sweet in pastels Your blog is a treasure, and I am glad to have found it!

Leanne said...

Two gorgeous cards Sandie. The WMS images are beautiful and remind me of the SU stamps. Love that they fit in to the Spellbinders so beautifully.
TFS!
;)

Sherry Butcher said...

Love the layers! TFS

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

fabulous projects...love that blue!!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Both beautiful, I love all the yummy layers on the first card.

Heather said...

Two beautiful cards! I really like the first one; the sentiment is just so perfect.

Jan Garber said...

Gorgeous layers and colors on both cards! I am loving those woodgrains!

Ratty Hugs said...

These are breathtaking designs. Thanks for sharing them.
alsmouse ~C8> Ratty Hugs

Bethany said...

Pretty cards. I love all of the fun layers of the first card and then the striking ornament on the second. Great colors :)