Wednesday, 9 March 2011

Simply Sassy Spotlight Guest & some challenges

Hi everyone!! Well it was Spring earlier in the week, back to miserable Winter yesterday and we have Spring peeking out again today, lol. Don't ya just love Irish weather?!!

I was so surprised and delighted to be invited as Simply Sassy's Spotlight guest for this week. I just adore these cute images and knew instantly which one i would use for my spotlight card - Hippy Chick!


Don't ya love the big soulful eyes??!! This stamp is such a joy to colour and I spent aaaages on her complexion - I just felt she should look healthy and vibrant, lol. I was quite happy with how it turned out.


My papers are My Mind's Eye "Hattie", a wonderful collection of mustard & teal papers with fabulous designs. The blue tag was in my stash, I'm not 100% sure where I got them. All my papers and the tag have been machine stitched. I embellished using a cream heart doily, Wild Orchid Craft flowers, pearl topped pins and Prima bling.

Challenges - 
Wild Orchid Challenges - Anything Goes
Simon Says Challenges - Anything Goes
Copic Creations - Complimentary Colours
Aly's Sunday Challenge - Anything goes
 Gingerloft - Use flowers
Little Claire's  - Flowers


Thanks for flying by! Have a wonderful day
Sandie
xXx

11 comments:

Rose said...

Ahhh. Your coloring is wonderful! I love your use of complementary blues and oranges. You've made her look stunning. So glad you could join us at Copic Creations ~ good luck to you.
Hugs...Rose

Julia Aston said...

Gorgeous coloring on this Sandie! what a beautiful card with the doily, all the pretty papers and stitching! sounds like we're having the same weather as you - warm one day and freezing the next!

Polly Pierce said...

You know what? I meant to comment on your focus spot and never got round to it. This one's lovely Sandie! You're right about her complexion, it was worth spending time on cos she's just glowing with health...

elsi67 said...

Beautiful! Thanks for joining us at WOC ♥

Helen said...

Beautiful card and I love your colouring and the papers you've used.

Thanks for joining us at Little Claire.

Helen x

Jane Wetzel said...

what a gorgeous job of coloring! glad u joined us at Copic Creations!

Lynn said...

What a great card! Perfect colouring and gorgeous detail!
Thanks so much for joining us at Gingerloft Challenges :)
huggs
Lynn xx
PS: I am having a give away on my blog if you are interested

Tami said...

Love the colors and the coloring Thanks for playing at Gingerloft;)

Jo (Boots the Monkey) said...

You already know how much I adore this card ! Fantastic image so beautifully coloured and your papers are just divine.

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Challenges this week.

Hugs,

Jo and the Simon Says Challenge DT x

Jane said...

Gorgeous card! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamps challenge! hugs,Jane x

Heike said...

This is a great card with a lot of detail.

Thank you for joining us at Little Claire and best of luck for the second challenge.

BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS