Pages

Monday 24 March 2014

Remain Creative & Curious - Mixed Media Canvas

Good morning! Popping in quickly with a little canvas I made recently. I started it at the Create with Kate craft event last weekend and have been playing around with it since. 


On the background I used a mix of Dylusions & Glimmer Mist sprays, drywall tape, stencils and stamps. Then I layered on some buttons, flowers, chipboard lattice, washi tape, chipboard butterfly/bird cage and chipboard letters. I Gesso'd them all and then sprayed them with more Dylusions.


 Taking a flat brush I added 2-3 layers of Silks 'Emperor Gold' acrylic glaze to the raised areas (buttons, butterfly, cage, letters, etc) and to the edges of the large flower. 


I added some Chit Chat stickers, sealing them with matt medium. 


And finally I added some crackling paint to the butterfly. Seriously cannot get enough of this stuff - LOVE IT!! 


 I am entering this into the Mixed Media Place Emotional Challenge which is Curiosity 

Have a creative day!
Sandie
xXx

4 comments:

Sandra H said...

This is brilliant x

Unknown said...

a great background

Pascale B. Scrap said...

Lovely! Thank you for joining the Mixed Media Place challenge!

Riikka Kovasin said...

Well said! Great projects and love the shiny colors! Thank you for joining the MMP challenge!