Pages

Saturday 2 January 2010

Anyone for Anya? meets Whimsy Challenges

Good morning! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas. It's a bitterly cold day here, I doubt I'll be venturing out much at all. I'm slowly getting back into the swing of things and getting some cards made.



Todays card is for 2 challenges....1) Anyone for Anya? with their fabby sketch and 2) Whimsy Challenges who ask for chipboard to be used on your project.

This little image is from The Greeting Farm's Hope & Grace series.. how sad looking is she?! Washday blues spent daydreaming about shoes and handbags.. well that's what I was trying to portray anyway, lol.



I coloured the image with copic markers, cut it out and then mounted it onto chipboard that I had painted with crackle paint. The papers are Basic Grey Wisteria and they have been edged with Vintage Photo distress ink. The 'Dream' brad, charms, heart pearls and scrappers floss are from my stash. The flowers & pin are from Tabby Crafts.

I also matched the inside, but no stamping :)


A close-up of the sparkly flowers and pearl topped pin. I love my stickles!! 



Have a wonderful weekend and happy crafting!!

13 comments:

Juls said...

so adorable! Love the soft colours and your fab use of such gorgeous embellies!! hugs Juls

Marina said...

This is sooo beautiful!
I love the colours and papers and embellies are fantastic.

Hugs,
Marina

Renata van Miltenburg said...

Gorgeous the craft colours, the image pops out this way. And I realy adore the matching embellies!!!!

Love from AFA?!

Renata

Nancy said...

AWWW this card is fabuous, Sandie:O) I love the pretty papers and the cute embellishment. That image is so sweet, great colouring.
Hugs, Nancy;O)

Stampin Mindy said...

This is beautiful, I love all of your embellishments. just stunning!

Julie M said...

Gorgeous card, Sandie - I love crackle paint (have some on order with a Christmas voucher - I love pressies too!!!). Really pretty image too.

Happy New Year!

Julie x

Lauren Hatwell said...

I love the shabby chic feel to this card and the technique with the crackle paint is an absolute winner. Beautiful attention to detail. Lx

Lora said...

This is my first visit to your blog, but I will be back to visit again soon :)
I was just on the Stamping For The Weekend blog and just had to pop over here after seeing your gorgeous DT card
Love all the detail you have added to this card too, it's so pretty.
Lora x

Deirdre said...

Adore your card...super cute. Happy New Year - hope the weather isn't too bad where you are. Stay warm. X Deirdre

Deirdre said...

Sandie, super cute card - love it. Hope the weather is okay ...stay warm. Happy New Year. Deirdre x

DeeDee said...

This is lovely. She is so adorable and sad, and I bet she is daydreaming about shopping! :) I haven't been to your blog to check in a for a couple of weeks, and I can totally see a style change. I'm loving this look.

Nilla said...

Wow, Sandie! This is gorgeous, look at all those fantastic details! Hugs Nilla

Anonymous said...

Wow it´s a beautiful card. Love all the details.
Dorte aka dot-scrap