Pages

Tuesday 12 January 2010

Whiff of Joy Challenge - Red and Aqua & a sneak peek!!



Good morning! Well the snow is all gone and now we have gale force winds and rain. Is anyone else thinking this weather is a bit too freaky??!! lol. Still, it's an excuse to stay warm indoors and craft :D The kids are back in school, they may not be happy about it but I am!! Bwahahahahahaha

I made this card days ago but haven't had a chance to post it until now.


The challenges I am entering it into are:
Whiff of Joy - Aqua and Red
Simon Says Stamp - Hot Chocolate
Sketch Saturday - Sketch #85

This colour combo is not one I'd used before and was nervous about it, but as the card progressed I was quite pleased with with how it came together. I thought Willow with Hot Chocolate image was perfect for the Simon Says challenge. She is coloured using both copic markers and distress inks. I just love the sketch and while I was soooo tempted to put something (i.e. RIBBON!!)  across the middle I really don't think it needs anything so I resisted ;) My papers are a mix of Basic Grey and Making Memories and they have been distressed and edged with distress inks.


How gorgeous are these roses??!! I bought them last year at the Craft Extravaganza in Athlone but I can't remember which store I bought them from and my stock is VERY low. I have loads of other colours, it's just these ones that I use the most.  Oooh, speaking of flowers...  the gardenias and cherry blossoms I ordered arrived yesterday and they are DIVINE!! Can't wait to use some :D

Tools used: McGill pine leaf punch, MS Doily, Labels 4 Nesties & Cuttlebug


Who's up for a SNEAK PEEK??!!

Remember the mini book I was making a while back with the FABULOUS snowy papers?? Well because of the flooding the classes had to be postponed but have been rescheduled for the end of Jan. And we have NO excuse not to have gr-r-r-reat winter pics with the weather we've had for the past month!!

Soooo here is the finished book and no, I'm not giving much away!! LOL!!


I'm not sure if there are any places left but you can contact Kerry if you're interested in taking this class.

Have a fabulous Tuesday!!

8 comments:

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card, wonderful WOJ image and love those papers.
luv
Debby

Stampin Mindy said...

Ohh this card is beautiful, I love this image and those flowers. I cannot wait to see the rest of your sneek peak! Hugs!

Jane said...

Wow, your card is gorgeous, love the details and your papers, thanks for joining us at WOJ, hugs, Jane xx

Juls said...

wow!!! Just beautiful! Love all the pearl detail! Hugs Juls

Karva said...

fantastic card, i love the colour combo it's fab. the book looks great and your right no shortage of snowey pics

well done
Karen

Anonymous said...

It´s a very beautiful card. I love the colors. And your coloring is out of this world.
Can´t wait to se more of your mini book.

Deirdre said...

Sandie, great card, wonderful image and amazing colouring.

Love your sneak peek... so fun.

Hope you have a great week.

DeeDee said...

Love the mix of paper lines. So sorry the classes have been cancelled. Maybe you can kit it for all those ladies who were interested. :)