Pages

Thursday 8 March 2012

A Crafty Ribbons Challenge - Baby Washing Line

Mornin' bloggers! Today I have something a little different to share. I recently signed up for one of Crafty Ribbons impromptu challenges. The challenge was to use ribbon they sent me to create 2 or more projects - and the ribbon had to be the main focus of those projects, not just an add on to pretty things up. 

Anywhooo.. when the ribbon arrived I laid it all out on my table and I really liked how they looked all layered up so I got my first idea instantly. 

 
I took the washing line ribbon and machine stitched it to make a pleated trim, then I layered up various ribbons. I finished off by using one of the new Waltzingmouse Stamps Compact Sentiments, stamped in black to make it pop out.

My second card started out as one thing and ended up something else, lol. I originally wanted to make a ribbon flower, using the 3mm Apple green ribbon as the stem and the 10mm Apple grosgrain for the leaves... but as I was making the petals I kinda liked how it looked more like a pom pom or rosette! So out went the flower idea! I doubled the ribbons over and stuck them down onto a circular piece of cardboard. Once I had them all stuck down and secured I threaded a very large button with the 3mm Pearl Pink and stuck it down into the centre.


I used 3 of the 3mm ribbons to make a braid  for across the bottom. The sentiment on this one is from Waltzingmouse Stamps' Say it Loud collection.

At this point I was running out of ribbon, lol, but I knew I could squeeze another project out so I made a cute tag. First I cut out the tag and added a little patterned paper. Then I stuck down 3 different ribbons and cut into them at an angle from each side -  this was kinda tricky as they kept moving but it worked out!!


I threaded more of the 10mm grosgrain through the top and tied them together with the 3mm. The Labels 25 is stamped out with Stampin' Up - Pretty in Pink and I hand cut it. The little footprints is a wooden stamp I have as for long as I can remember - I just have no clue where I got it.

I really had a whole lot of fun with this challenge, and I will certainly be investing in more of these uber cute ribbons!

Sandie
xx

4 comments:

Jo Street said...

All gorgeous, I love the ribbon flower! So pretty.
Jo x

Deirdre said...

Wow Sandie - love all the beautiful ribbon creations - stunning.

Sandra H said...

Totally stunning:)

Leanne said...

These are gorgeous Sandie! You definitely have that creative eye for things. Brilliant!
;)