Pages

Saturday 30 June 2012

Waltzingmouse Stamps July Release Previews Days Three

Howdy Bloggers!! If you're just joining in on the Waltzingmouse Stamps July Release previews and haven't seen what Day One and Day Two brought you then your first port of call is to check.them.out!! We don't want you to miss a single thing!! Today we showcase our third set - MY ISLAND! An amazing set filled with exotic summer images and sentiments. 

I started out with a very clean and simple card (yes, me.. clean and simple??! pick up your jaw!! lol)


I chose to use a kraft card base and onto some white card I stamped the palm trees using distress inks, and the sentiment using Memento ink. I rounded opposite corners of the white card and distressed a little along the top and bottom. The white card is adhered with 3D foam for dimension. 


I was then totally inspired to make another clean and simple card, lol. Only this time I added one layer of patterned paper which is adhered with 3D foam;) 


I used 5 stamps to create my little ALOHA scene, and each were stamped with distress ink - Scattered Straw, Spiced Marmalade, Aged Mahogany & Black Soot. 


 I also made a tag which started out clean and simple but ended up no such thing!!! Pics later as we had some medical stuff going on today and I didn't get to take a photo of it.

Check out the rest of the fabulous DT ladies' makes... 

17 comments:

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Sandie these are so pretty! I love the beautiful vibrant colours and the pretty layouts :)

Anonymous said...

Fab cards, cant wait to see the tag! Ps: my fb mobile totally stopped working,hope all is ok with the problem!!

Julia Aston said...

Wonderful CAS designs on your pretty cards Sandie! these fun beach stamps do it all by themselves! great colors on these - hope your medical issue wasn't too serious and that all is well!

Lynn W. said...

Lovely cards! Hope you are OK?

Lynn Wild

anya said...

I love you CAS cards, Sandie! This set really lends itself to so many different styles, and I just love your take!

Deborah Frings said...

I love the calm of the palm trees - just super. And the beach hut looks so inviting - like the layers! Great stuff!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Love the fresh colors you've used for these sweet summer scenes Sandie!! Beautiful!!

Renee said...

Fabulous CAS!!
Love them both!

June Nelson said...

These are brilliant, I wish I could do CAS, you have done a briliant job hunnie huggies June xxxx

June Nelson said...

These are brilliant, I wish I could do CAS, you have done a briliant job hunnie huggies June xxxx

Pauline said...

Two fab cards, so warm and inviting!

Dottie said...

Super summer cards. Really bright and fun.

snowbear said...

Cute cards.

Kate said...

I am loving this set. Can't wait for it to arrive. Thanks for the inspiration

Anonymous said...

These are simple, but perfect. Love the bright colors.

Anonymous said...

So cute. Love the summer designs.

Lou Mac said...

Two fantastico CAS cards! LOVE the first one, the palm tree and the sentiment are perfection! xo