Pages

Monday 25 January 2010

Crafty Angels DT-Magnolia Challenges & PTW again :)

Happy Monday!! I have to admit that I'm actually a fan of Mondays. The kids are back in school, the house has returned to some semblence of normality and I can finally get some down time :)

This past weekend was a very busy one. Saturday started off with an early wake up call from a very talkative 6yr old (I don't know where he gets it from!! :P ) He was excited about going to see Alvin & the Chipmunks. After last week's disappointment with it being sold out I pre-booked the tickets this week AND I invited his 2 cousins along. The movie was hilarious and they all had a fun time!!

Yesterday I travelled to Galway. Finally... after the floods, the weeks of sub zero temps and everything else Mother Nature threw at us I got to do my mini book class.... phew!! It was a long day but I totally enjoyed it. Pics to follow ;)

Sorry for waffling... onto the topic at hand.....

This week on Crafty Angels Laura has set us a challenge of Paperfolding. No pre-creased card allowed, we've got to make our own shaped card. So on to Splitcoast I went... and this is what I decided to make. A Joy Fold card.



Such a simple, yet wonderful idea. The instructions are HERE

I used BG Bittersweet papers with some pink and some brown card. My image is a very cute Valentine Tilda from my Winter Kit. She has been coloured using distress inks (my poor copics are feeling very neglected lately!). I distressed the background with Tattered Rose and edged all of my papers with Vintage Photo. The sentiment inside reads 'Sealed with a Loving Kiss'. The ribbon, placed slightly overlapping the top layer, keeps it all closed together and there is no need to open the ribbon, just slide is down a little.



This is also my entry for

Magnolia Down Under Challenges (Valentine),
Simon Says Stamp(Punch it)
Magnolia-licious Highlights (Pretty in Pink)
and ANOTHER entry for Papertake Weekly's Challenge (Pretty Pink Paptertake. I'm seriously thinking that I use too much pink!... NAH!! How could you have too much pink in your life??!! lol

Thanks for visiting my blog today and I hope you have a great Monday :) Please do check out Caz and Kate's blogs to see what they've created for this challenge.

17 comments:

Debra James said...

Im with u, there can never b too much pink. A beautiful card , your colouring is briliant and I love the glitter on the flowers. Thanks for playing along with MDUC. Hugs xxx

Jodie from Oz said...

Sandie, I love this sweet Tilda, your papers, flowers and bow are stunning. Fab joy fold card, next on my must do list. Your card is a wonderful take on our Valentine's Day Challenge. Thanks for joining us at Magnolia Down Under Challenges. Hugs Jodie from Oz

Marina said...

Your card is just beautiful!
Love this sweet Tilda, the beautiful papers and details you've used.

Hugs,
Marina

Stampin Mindy said...

This is such a cute stamp! Beautiful papers and I love the glitter on the flower. Stunning work!

Heather said...

Hi Sandie,
gorgeous card, what a great idea, doing the joy fold from top to bottom, I've only ever done it from side to side, think I prefer it this way. Beautifully coloued Tilda and fabulous details.
hugs Heather xx
ps - left you something on my blog.

Tracey Feeger said...

What a wonderful Joy fold card. I love the DP you used and the image looks perfect. Beautiful colouring of image. Thanks for joining us at MDUC.
mwah
Trace

♥ Kristy Woods ♥ said...

This is gorgeous!Thanks so much for joining Magnolia Down Under Challenges.
Kristy x

Sue said...

OMG what a stunning Valentines joy fold card. Your Tilda image is so sweet, especially so by your awesome coloring. Papers and that big bow are beautiful. thanks for sharing your card with us at MDUC this week.

Janiel/ janny said...

What a beautiful card!!! Love that sweet little Tilda..
hugs, Janiel

stephanne said...

This is beeeeeautiful!!! Love the fold you've used and your colouring and choice of embellies are fabulous!! Mondays, where a woman can vaccuum and arrange the pillows on the couch in peace, lol!! Thanks for sharing with us at MDUC!!
Stephanne

cats whiskers said...

Just stunning dear
Hugs Jacqui x

Debbie Pamment said...

What a fascinatingly fun fold to try - thanx for the link! Beautiful job with this cute Tilda - gorgeous colouring!
Thanx for joining us at MDUC
xXx

DeeDee said...

Gorgeous. Love the little bit of sparkle on the flowers. I need to try that soon.

Fran said...

Oh wow, love the fold and the flowers are beautiful. The colouring of your Tilda is beautiful too. Thanks for playing along with us at Magnolia Down Under!

Juls said...

wow!! what a stunning creation!! Love the gorgeous colours, the image it too sweet for words, love the fancy folds and all your fab finishing touches....in other words I just love it!! Hugs Juls

Suzanne J Dean said...

Great layout, fab folding and sweet image--love all the fab embellies too! Thanks for joining in on the challenge with us!

hugz,
Suzanne

maxine said...

This is beautiful