Pages

Thursday 13 October 2011

Waltzingmouse Stamps October Previews - Day 2

Good morning!! I do hope you're enjoying the Waltzingmouse Stamps previews. Today we have another fantastic set - Nordic Winter. I really had SO much fun with this set.

First I made a card and gift bag set, but the idea of the gift bag is to have some Reindeer Feed in it. The kids would LOVE.IT!!


This set is just so amazing that I even made my own background paper. Not a scrap of MME or BG to be seen!! The ink is Stampin' UP Ruby Red and for the sentiment I used Momento Rich Cocoa. Not sure where I got the red cardstock. The gingham ribbon is from my Raspberry Ribbons kits.


I stamped the gift bag using the same ink - SU Ruby Red - and added some narrower gingham ribbon through 2 punched holes to secure the top. The border work was done using Martha Stewart Antique Lace punch. I cut the circle and scalloped circle with Spellbinders Nestabilities.


While I had all the red and white out, lol, I decided to make a Stocking Gift Card Holder - which is a FREEBIE template over on the Waltzingmouse Stamps store. Again I used the SU Ruby Red ink to lay down my pattern and I sponged on some antique linen distress ink. I found some reindeer charms in my stash, perfect for this project. 


The sentiment is from yesterday's preview set Seasonal Remedies.


As I said, I was having so much fun that I really didn't want to stop so I made another card.... only this time I DID break out the patterned papers -  Bo Bunny Blitzen. 


I stamped my reindeer image with Antique Linen Distress Ink and the sentiment with the Rich Cocoa Momento. I love how the sentiment fits perfectly between the Reindeer. I cut it out with Nestabilities Tags dies, added some blue organza ribbon and some pearls. All of my papers have been machine stitched. 


I had one more project in the pipeline but the kiddos were home from school and they wanted dinner! I will save it for another day ;) 

Thank you so much for dropping by, I hope you were inspired to be a little bit creative. 

And here are the ladies who are previewing Nordic Winter today...... 

17 comments:

Deborah Frings said...

Sandie - what a fabulous cards and the reindeer feed bag is so sweet! Just fab!

Melanie said...

Love all the cards and projects!
Are you taking orders for that BRILLIANT DP (Sandie Dunn for Waltzingmouse Stamps!!).
I'd like it in red, green, icy blue, pink, silver and dark red/burgundy please.

Lynn Mercurio said...

WOW...Sandie, you have really gone all out to demonstrate how many different ways that this set can be used. Love your designs (and that gingham ribbon/bow - I swoon) All of these projects make me happy. Well done.

Polly Pierce said...

Sandie, you've excelled yourself! Not a scrap of DP to be seen and what lovely, lovely cards...

Deirdre said...

Oh wow, amazing ... love what you created.

Kelly S. said...

Oh reindeer feed? SO CUTE, Sandie! Your projects are all so amazing! I love the CAS one with the gingham ribbon (shocking, I know!!) It would be so fun to make a bunch of these for Christmas!

Renee said...

GORGEOUS!!
I love the red and white...
and that gingham ribbon!
Then the stocking gift card holder...
again...
love!
But the last card...
blew me away...
and it was because of all the softness of the colors...
just stunning!!
Love, love, love!!

Julia Aston said...

Wonderful projects using this lovely set Sandie! love the red and white card with the pretty gift bag,the fun stocking with the deer charm, and the sweet tag card with the complementing deer paper!

Carola said...

Sandie, your cards, the gift bag and the stocking gift card holder are really very, very beautiful. I especially like the combination of red and white and I think the images of this stamp set look just great in this colours.
But also on the card with the Bo Bunny Paper the tag in those colours looks very good.

Kind regards
Carola

Jennifer Holmes said...

Well someone has been one busy little elf! These are great, Sandie! I especially love your stocking with all of the detail. Great ideas here!

Karen M said...

Absolutley gorgeous, love your style!!

anya said...

Oh so pretty! I love the red and white, the reindeer image is perfect for your reindeer food, and your stocking is the cutest! Love this set!

Anonymous said...

You've found so many cool ways to display this set and I love every one of them. Sweet ensemble!

JJ Bolton said...

You were really on a roll! Love all your projects especially that stocking! I'm totally going to try that:) TFS!

Kary said...

Hi Sandie! What amazing samples you've shared!! They are wonderful, and I just love the patterns you can achieve with the stamp set. Amazing!!

Susan Hogan said...

MMMmmm, on a roll indeed. Great cards and fabulous colours - red on white is so spectacular.

June Nelson said...

Brilliant and especially love the stocking xxx