Wednesday, 27 May 2009
Alcohol Inks Project - Buttons!!
This is a box I made for storing the random buttons I find lying around the house. I made it using a small cardboard box. First I painted the box bright green and left it to dry off for a day or two.
I used a 6x4 piece of Ranger paper, 3 Ranger alcohol inks (slate, currant & meadow) and one Ranger mixative (gold). I put a few drops of each of the inks onto the ink blender and dabbed all over the paper. Then I used Blending solution and blended the colours together. I then cut the paper into slim strips and then cut the strips to make tiles.
I added a little lace trim to the front of the box and then I stuck on the tiles randomly usingdouble sided tape. Then I added purple cardstock along the edges. To finish it off I stuck on some of the buttons from the box on the top.
This was the first project I'd done using alcohol inks and I loved it! They are such fun to work with and the effect if brilliant!!
All linked items are available over on Pez-A-Doodles Designs
Marti is having a blog giveaway!! So head on over to see what you could win ;)