Pages

Saturday 8 January 2011

Basic Grey Challenges & CES Challenges

Good morning! My post is a little bit late today as I'm having broadband issues again.. I think the weather is affecting my signal. We have our winter wonderland back again and it's just lovely to look at. I'm sure not everyone shares my enthusiasm for the snow though, lol. 

I have a couple of cards to share today but first some happy news :D... 

I received a very unexpected email this week, inviting me to join in with the girls on Basic Grey Challenges as GDT member. I'm not sure why, as I never use Basic Grey,.. HA, as if!!! I am thrilled to have been asked and am looking forward to working with these fabulous ladies for the next few weeks!

The theme for this fortnight is DOTS or SPOTS! and the prize for this challenge is $25 store voucher for the Simon Says Stamp Store.


I used BG Marjolaine papers, love them!! My image is called Angel Charlotte and she's from Whiff of Joy. I've coloured her with copic markers, trimmed her out and mounted her on pop dots. 


 There is also a DT call open for the next 2 challenges so  if you are interested in joining the Basic Grey team you have a month to apply. Details on the blog.

Papers: BG Marjolaine
Image: Angel Charlotte
Tools: Nostalgia Border Die
Flowers - Wild Orchid Crafts
Cornflower Blue Scrappers Floss & tag from my stash
Pearl Brads
Copics: E21, E51, E00, E02. BG05, BG07, BG0000. YG21, YG23, YG25. Y21, Y26, Y28. E41, E43, E44


Challenges:
Charisma Cardz (3 entries) – birthdays and celebrations
Moving Along With The Times (3 entries) – use old stash along with new stash {Old = stamp. New = pearl brads}
Creative Cottage (2 weeks) - something new
Fab 'n' Funky - anything goes
Little Red Wagon - use a doily
Stars and Stamps - NO GLITTER, thinking of you
Flourishes - Flowers
Claudia & Co – use a tag
***********************

CES Challenges

Our theme this week on CES Challenges is All Creatures Great and Small. We want you to use any type of creature on your project. 


I used an extremely cute image from Wild Rose Studios called Fergus. 




Again, I used BG papers - this time "Olivia". I coloured Fergus with copics and used the MS Cornice punch on each side of the image. I love the 'frame' effect it gives. When the card was finished I thought it looked a little bit plain so I made some photo corners and it finished it off nicely :)




 Papers: Basic Grey Olivia
Image: Fergus with Bouquet
Tool: MS Cornice Punch, MS Deep Edge Trellis Punch
Ribbon - American Crafts
Pearl Topped Pins
Copics: RV91, RV93, RV95. R30, R32. E93, E95. YG03, YG05, YG06, YG11.




Challenges:
Paper Take Weekly - Anything Goes- Optional: Lace
Craft Your Passion - Anything Goes
Delicious Doodles - try something new or use something new
Cute Card Thursday - use some old stash {unopened ribbon - have it for about 2yrs}

 Well that's all from me for now. Apologies for such a long post, I'm a bit chatty today, lol.
Don't forget to visit my teamies' blogs as they work so hard to bring you plenty of inspiration.

Oh.. and I will be sharing some layouts on my Scrappy Blog tomorrow. I was among some very lucky ladies who were fortunate enough to be asked to contribute to the Sketches2Scrapbook iPhone/iPad/iTouch App :)

Have a wonderful weekend!
Sandie


23 comments:

Tara Godfrey said...

OMGosh 2 super cute cards, Sandie! I love your card that you for the BG Challenges...the dots and spots papers you picked are gorgeous and I love sweet Charlotte...beautifully coloured! The flowers and details are just scrumptious too! So glad you can join us at BG Challenges! Your work is just gorgeous!
Hugs,t

Sheena said...

Fergus is always one of my favourites - love these papers too! Sheena xx

Sandra said...

Hi Sandie
A big warm welcome to the Basic Grey DT! I love the card you made for this challenge. And I'm sure you will make a lot more for us in the future.
X Sandra

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Both card are fab hun! Just love Fergus he is a darlin!
Thank you for joining us at MAWTT this week, Good Luck!
Hugs shell xx

Jo Nevill said...

Welcome to BasicGrey Challenges !!

Two gorgeous cards Sandie and I just adore the one you made for us at such short notice ;o) I am so grateful to you.

Fantastic choice of papers and I love the image you chose. She looks great on your doily.

Have a great weekend !

Hugs,

Jo xxxx

Hazel (Didos) said...

Hi, WOW these are both super cards. Thanks for taking part in MAWTT, Hazelxox

Anonymous said...

Oh these creations are absolutely adorable hun!!! Beautiful coloring details on the image and the papers and layout are so yummy!! TFS! HUGS

Allison said...

so pretty
Thanks for playing along with Charisma
Allisonx

Susan (peebsmama) said...

The heart shaped doily is a nice background for your fairy image. The dragon is so cute.

Pami said...

Hi Sandie, both cards are fabulous! And congratulations on your GDT spot! Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week. Pami x

Julie M said...

Fab cards, Sandie - boy I was surprised when I opened BG Challenges this morning and saw your card there - congrats, well deserved!!!

Julie x

Unknown said...

I love both these cards and have been admiring your fancy punches!
Gorgeous work!
Alicia xx

Lou said...

Hi!two very gorgeous cards Sandie,luv both images and all those papers-yummy.
So lovely to see you with us at BG,big hug.Lou.xx

coldwaters2 said...

Two absolutely fabulous cards Sandie the images are great so are the colours and designs.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Heather said...

Hi Sandie - can't tell you great it is to have you with us at BG.
Two fabulous cards, love how you put papers and colours together!!
Gorgeous Angel Charlotte and fantastic details. Love the stripey ribbon that accompanies Fergus!!

hugs
Heather xx

Vee said...

Oooh!! what a fabulous card, thanks for joining our Birthday/Celebration challenge at Charisma.
xx Vee

Berry said...

Really lovely work Sandie both cards are beautiful thanks for sharing at the creative cottage this time hugs Rebekah xx

Sheri Gilson said...

Wonderful cards!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Claudia & Co this week!!
Sheri-C&Co DT

Joanne said...

A really sweet card! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon:)
Joanne xo

Gwen's Busy Little Hands said...

Oh, your first card with its lime green and doily heart is gorgeous. I also like your little Fergus card. Great to have you at Claudia & Co.

Smiles!
Gwen C&Co.

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Adorable cards - you have an excellent eye for colour. That little guy Fergus, is just the cutest !!
Caroline xxx

Suzanne said...

A gorgeous card. Thanks for joining us at Fab n Funky x

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Beautiful cards! Thanks for playing in our challenge at Operation Write Home! I hope you'll join us again soon!