Pages

Wednesday 4 July 2012

DT Quixotic Paperie - Family Mini Album


Good afternoon bloggers. I have a bit of mini album inspiration for you. I started this mini last week and, as the kiddos are out of school for summer, I work on it as and when I can.. it will be my summer project, lol... God knows I'm not gonna get a lot else done :) We are off bowling in a few minutes and they are pacing back and forth.... :/ 

The Products  I've Used:
Prima Papers, Butterfly, Flowers, Vintage Trinkets & Shabby Chic Treasures.
Bare Chipboard Tabbed Album
White Acrylic Paint
Make it Crafty Butterfly Swirls Chippies
Pearls, Ribbon & Lace


Before covering my pages I first painted them with white acrylic paint, using a baby wipe for a distressed look. Then I started with the front cover. I lay everything down without adhering it to get an idea of what I want to do - adding layers and different elements. Once I'm happy with it I start to adhere them into place. 


I always use 3D foam tape and dots to add plenty of dimension between layers. Don't be afraid to layer things up on top of each other. Using dies can add extra elements and shapes. 


Embellish as you please. I tend to use a lot of pearls and pearl swirls, love them :) Add a little ribbon and lace to your book rings to give it a finished look. 

Now to start on the inside............. ;) 


Challenges - 
Make it Monday - always Anything Goes


Hope you like :)
Sandie
xx

8 comments:

Sandra H said...

This is beautiful:)x

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Wow this is amazing Sandie! Such fabby details and it all works so beautifully together :)

June Nelson said...

Sandie thisis gorgeous darlin and all the detail on it must have taken forever to make, its beautiful xxxxxxxxxxx

Marjorie said...

This is really beautiful hunnie..love all the layering and pearls...
Thanks for sharing such a lovely project with us this week at Make it Monday...
Hugs,
Marjorie
xx

Unknown said...

This is just absolutely stunning!! Cant wait to see the rest of the album!!
Saw you on MIM
Nat -x-

Anonymous said...

saw you on make it monday! omg, i adore your mini album cover! there is so much going on in it , you could look at it for ages! the black fan in the background is so cool, not seen that before, love the white washed bird house too. fab colours. love it!

Julia said...

Absolutely in love with your project! Thanks for sharing!
I saw this on Make it Monday!
These are my entries: # 129, #158, #160, #162, # 250 and #252 would love it if you could visit.
There is also some candy HERE!
Hugs,
Julia

Tonya said...

This is gorgeous! I love every little detail. Stunning!