Pages

Wednesday 24 June 2009

Just Magnolia/ ICSketches


I made this card fowllowing ICSketches great sketch this week~!! - Loved the idea of the window and I really enjoyed making it. I also love using buttons on boys cards so the minute I saw the sketch I knew what all those circles would be ;)



I also made this card for the Just Magnolia Challenge which was themed SUMMER. I cut out the window using a little x-cut circle cutter and stamped the butterfly on the inside of the card, then coloured both the butterfly and the Edwin image using distress inks. I cut Edwin out and used foam dots to give him a 3-D effect. The sentiment is a Pink Gem stamp.

Card ingredients:
Papers: BG Marrakech
Image: Magnolia - Chasing Edwin
TH Distress inks
Buttons & scrappers floss from my stash.

17 comments:

Polly Pierce said...

Aw, Sandie, that is just gorgeous...

Liz Weber said...

Martine this is just adorable - what a fantastic take on ICS #22 - that little boy is so cute and I just love your little window - very creative!

Anonymous said...

a fabulous card, thank you for joining us at just magnolia. hugs rachxx

Dawn♥ said...

WOW it's breathtaking! Love the buttons and the cute image with the butterfly! Fantastic job using the ICS #22! Thanks for joining us! :)
♥Dawn♥

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

Wow Sandy your card is super duper cute ! Love the images together and the colours and combination with the buttons are soooo cute Hugs Claudia xxx

Tricia said...

omg how stinkin cute and clever! love how you did this sketch!

Karen said...

What a gorgeous card and I love the buttons. Thanks for joining us this week at ICS.
Karen x

Vicky said...

Great card, really striking, love those buttons. Thanks for joining us at ICS this week. :)xx

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

OH HOW CUTE!!! I LOVE your buttons and the little boy trying to catch a butterfly. Love how you added it in the window:) very clever!!! Thanks for playing along this week at ICS!

surgical girl said...

thats a great take on the sketch. i like the buttons best! very creative you see ;)

Di's Dooodles said...

Another Great card & I love that stamp!!

Anonymous said...

Your card is `gorgeous`
Thanks for joining in with I-C-S this week:) x

Regina said...

gorgeous card! thanks for playing along at ICS

wendipooh13 said...

such a fun boy card, love the buttons and great job with the window!! great job with the IC sketch this week!!

Fink said...

Just adorable! This is fun especially the butterfly being inside the window

Unknown said...

This is so cute! I love how you added the butterfly there! Goes with the image perfectly!

Unknown said...

Sandie, this is such a fab card!

Thanks for joining us at ICS this week.

x