Friday, 2 October 2009

PDD Friday - Simon Says & ABC Challenges

I have 2 cards to share today. The first is my Pezzy's Playgroup DT card. I am also entering it into the ABC Challenge this week, which is "E for Embossing".



I used a wonderful pine cone stamp and embossed it in gold, then I coloured the pine cones in to make them more obvious. I distressed all of my papers and the white flowers with Tea Dye. I just love these BG papers but have very little of them left, in fact I'm down to mere scraps :(

I have no clue where I got the stamped sentiment. I found a full sheet of them in my stash that I must have stamped at a crop..?!

Don't forget to check out the other DT members blogs as they are using the new Nestie Frame digi releases.





The second card I made is for the Simon Says Challenge. This week they want a colour combo of red & green. My card is predominantly red, but I added the corner sticker to get my green :)



Isn't that Santa image just fantastic!!! I do love BoBunny :) I coloured Santa's suit with distress inks (Aged Mahogany) and I distressed the image using Tea Dye. I then used the Heidi Swapp edge distresser on the edge of my dp. The beautiful lace trim is one I get in my local drapery store and the 'Believe' snap is by Tim Holtz

Have a wonderful weekend :)

13 comments:

Rach said...

two fantastic cards. love the santa image and how you have coloured it.. hugs rachxx

Rybiooka said...

I really enjoy your work. It is perfect in every way!

Scrappinmum said...

Sandie, i had to enlare those pictures so I felt like I was holding them. i justwant to run my fingers over the cards. They looklike something I'd buy in the store. Just beautiful.
-Sheila

pezadoodle said...

GORGEOUS cards!!!!

Kim Piggott said...

Wow Sandie your cards are absolutely stunning!
Love your gorgeous images and your designs are wonderful!
So happy that you have joined us at Simon Says Stamp!
hugs
kim x

cats whiskers said...

Two fabulous cards sweetie I just adore that Singing Santa, what a fun stamp
Hugs Jacqui x

Dee Dee said...

Sandie - Love how you colored Santa! Simply fantastic cards here.

Martine said...

two really gorgeous cards hunni, i adore both of them especially the santa one, what a fab image and a i love how you have coloured him :)

xx

Martine

Rica said...

Fabulous cards Sandie, love that Santa stamps it's just fantastic. So traditional and your colouring, papers and embellishments are perfect.
hugs Heather xx

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous cards :-) Bothe of them are lovely ! :-)

Thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
Luv
Lols x

Helen said...

Beautiful cards - love the colours & papers!
Thanks for joining us at the ABC Challenge this week!
Helen x

debby4000 said...

Beautiful cards, wonderful colours and images.
luv
Debby

Tracey said...

Stunning traditional Christmas card :-)

Have a good week.

Hugs
Tracey
x

BLOGSPOT TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS