Pages

Tuesday 19 May 2020

You are Wheely Wonderful | Create A Smile

Hi! Today I'm sharing a card I made for the current Create a Smile mood board challenge.

First though - I haven't been very active on social media for most of April and May and some of my good friends have been messaging to check in on me, so I am throwing in a quick update at the bottom of this post, if you care to read it :)  

So, this is my card. I used some of the stamps I bought from the last Create a Smile release and hadn't gotten around to using - this is why I love challenges! This stamp set is called Ting-a-ling and includes six different options for the basket filler and four sentiments. I used the colours from the mood board as inspiration for my card. 


Copic Markers used:
BG45, BG53, BG57, BG09
R01, R22
RV55, RV63, RV66
E50, E51, E53
C3, C5, C7

For the background I used a clouds stencil and Tumbled Glass distress oxide ink. 


Other products used:
Card - Papermilldirect
Papers - Clearly Besotted Stamps
Clouds Stencil - La-La Land Crafts

***********************************************

April is always a crazy month for me. For the past four years I've had April college exams so I get very little time to make cards and to be active on my blog or on Instagram. I finish my exams around the third week of April and then spend a few days just resting my brain. I would usually Insta most of my cards, but I'm not so good when it comes to blogger, lol.

Anyway, the Covid-19 restrictions have been hard on me, and I know I'm not alone in this. I am your typical introvert so keeping my own company has never been an issue. As an introvert though, I need time away from people - to recharge, to be in my own head, and that just hasn't happened - and it won't happen for the foreseeable future. The last time my daughter was in school was February 28th, and then the schools/colleges closed for everyone on March 13th. My husband is also working from home. When one of us goes out walking, we all go.

I have been colouring, A LOT, and I have been making lots of cards but it's hard to be 'social' when your head is in turmoil and you constantly feel stressed. Even though restrictions have been relaxed a little, the risk of catching Covid-19 is still there so we're still not going out for now.

We will all get through this, history has shown us that, but whether we'll come out of it a different people is the question. We've lived nearly three months with no coffee shops, no hair/nail appointments, no takeouts, and no shopping trips just for the sake of going shopping, BUT, we're also exercising more, eating better (for the most part) and spending time with our immediate family. I can't claim to be spending less, because my teenagers are determined to eat me out of house and home.

So, yes, I'm fine. I'm struggling, but I know you can all relate and we're all going through this together. Thanks to those who checked in on me, you're awesome and I'm lucky to have such good friends.

My Social Media Sites
   

5 comments:

Janine - Ellabella said...

So cool card,thanks for sharing at create a smile stamps challenge

MBFairySky said...

Precious and adorable card! Great job!
Thanks for sharing your inspiration and joining us to the Create A Smile challenge!

Stampin with Liz Design said...

Such a gorgeous and fun card! Thanks for playing along at Create a Smile Challenges! Craft hugs Linda

Martina - organizatorka.sk said...

Amazing card! Thank you for playing along with us at Create A Smile Challenge♥

Nathalie said...

Love your card! Beautiful coloring! Thank you so much for playing along with the Create a Smile - Challenge and sharing your amazing card!