Pages

Wednesday 17 August 2011

Waltzingmouse Stamps August Blog Waltz


Good morning and welcome to Waltzingmouse Stamps August Blog Waltz. Our theme for this month is Tea/Coffee and you can find all the details on how you can join in HERE on Claire's blog.

The Waltzingmouse DT have another agenda for this month's waltz - and that is to bid two of our dear friends/design team colleagues adieu! Sadly we are losing both Bonnie and Carly :(  So we have made our cards in honour of these wonderfully talented ladies who will be sorely missed.


My papers are from the Lost & Found 2 Blush Collection from My Mind's Eye. I am LOVING these papers. I've paper pieced the tea pot {from the Afternoon Tea stamp set}, cut it out using circle Nestabilities and matted it with a scalloped circle. The sentiment is from Say it Loud and I've broken it up onto 2 mini tags, which I tied together with bakers twine. 


I added some white rose trim, pearl topped pins and flat backed pearls to embellish and I decorated the inside of the card to match. 

Thanks so much for dropping by. Happy hopping and have a wonderful day.
Sandie
xxx

26 comments:

Sheila said...

Love the colors and the tea pot is very cute! I'm seeing too many clay ones in day to day use so color is nice.
Andy bought me a wardrobe to help house the stash in. I'll have to take pics for you soon.
Sheila

Lydia said...

such a beautiful card xxx

Pam said...

Beautiful card Sandi!! Love those tiny tags, so cute!

Deborah Frings said...

Oh my! This is so pretty, so feminine. I adore the pretty papers, the paper pieced kettle and the lovely stitched detail! Fab!

Julia Aston said...

what a pretty teapot Sandie! love all the stitching on this!

Catherine said...

Very pretty card

Tara Cardwell said...

The paper pieced kettle is just delightful - love the feminine look to the whole card :-)

Lynn Mercurio said...

This is divine, Sandie. I wish that I had a tea pot as lovely as the one you have created here. I adore your dark stitching on your light colors. What a fantastic look, and your little pin/sentiment is lovely. Awesome job, my dear.

Mona Pendleton said...

Very pretty card Sandie! Great choice of patterned paper and the paper pieced tea pot looks awesome! The little tags are the perfect touch!

Jeanne J. said...

Very pretty! I love all the little details, the pearl accents, the pins, the striped twine, the soft colors,the zig zag stitching... WOW! Just gorgeous!

Thelma said...

Love it, especially the teapot. Thelma

Renee said...

Beautiful!
Love your stitching and patterned paper...
just gorgeous!

krafty-kutz said...

doing the rounds..got ur link off facebook...now following,so i can keep up with all ur blogs xx

Inkyfingers said...

I love all the stitching on your card Sandie and the kettle is fabulous. Reminds me of a Kath Kidston fabric design.
Hugs
Carol x

Unknown said...

Love the colors and papers and the kettle is just wonderful.

Sandra H said...

This is some image its gorgeous and the background papers too are stunning:) Sandra H

Bonnie said...

Okay now I am blubbering! You girls are great and it has been an honor to work with you! Thank you Sandie!

Trish said...

Wow, that's a lovely card!
Trish xx

Tosha Leyendekker said...

So SWEET!! Love your panel trio and fun stitching with the darling little tags!!

Carly said...

So beautifully done, your card is just gorgeous! And thank you so much for the sweet mention! Big hugs, Carly

Dana said...

So pretty Sandie!! I love the soft palette and the pretty floral patterns!
Hugs~
Dana

Cathy Weber said...

What a beautiful card. I love the paper pieced teapot. That is gorgeous paper. I especially like the creative stitching on this one. Some zig zag, some straight.

LaurieJ said...

This is just lovely! You always do such a beautiful job with your stitching. And that tea kettle - oh my, so sweet. I'd love a tea kettle like that.

Bumblebee said...

A wonderful card. The teapot looks amazing patterned like that, and the super stitching really works well. I will be trying some of these techniques!!!

Brook said...

What a beautiful card. Love the soft colors and the stitching on it is wonderful. Love the pins, ribbon, and twine. They look great together.

Ren-Yi said...

Hi Sandie - this card is absolutely amazing. i love the sewing and lil pearls that make this card come together.