Pages

Tuesday 11 August 2009

Basic Grey Challenges & PDD


Basic Grey Challenges is back!! This is my entry for the first challenge of the new blog - which is a sketch by Tara G.



I coloured my Manga Girl image with Distress inks and higlighted with Inkssentials Opaque white pen. I put a tiny amount of glossy accents on the buttons of her dress, then I distressed the background paper with Tattered Rose. I used Tattered Rose crackle paint the TH grungeboard swirl. I added some flowers, using a little bit of Frosted Lace stickles to give a bit of shimmer. Then I added some white pearls around the card and in the centre of the flowers. I finished the card off with a WOJ sentiment also distressed with Tattered Rose.

Ingredients: (All linked items are available at a great price over @ Pez-A-Doodle Designs)
Papers: BG Two Scoops

Image: Sugar Nellie Manga Girl

Ribbon: American Crafts

Swirl:
TH Grungeboard Elements Plain
Crackle paint, stickles, distress inks, glossy accents, inkssentials opaque white pen.

14 comments:

Mandy said...

this is just beautiful! everything about it, colours, image, colouring!...can you send it to me please!!!!

mandyxx

Tammy (LaDiva) said...

Pretty and soft! Love it! Never thought of adding swirls to my cards! Love the idea thank you :)

Taylor said...

adorable!

June Houck said...

Your Manga girl looks great with the Two Scoops papers. Really nice job coloring and coordinating so perfectly :)

Anita said...

Beautiful card! The grunge board swirl in distress paint is a neat touch.

Juls said...

so gorgeous!! love it!

Cheryl Walker said...

this is way tooo cute, and I love the image you used on this!!! Beautiful coloring hun!!
Hugs,
Cheryl

DeeDee said...

Love the crackle paint. :)

Carolyn V said...

Gorgeous colours, and LOVE that image... beautiful take on the sketch. :)

Di's Dooodles said...

Beautiful cards as always!!

J•me said...

I love your version of the sketch! Great work!

Unknown said...

Wonderful card in soft colors. Love that image! Great design!

hugs,
Jorunn

Di said...

This is lovely i love the flourish!
and you have coloured her really wee. Fab Card

Hugs Di xx

Heather said...

Hi Sandie hunny - this is gorgeous. Love your take on Tara's sketch with those fabulous Two Scoops papers and that little Mamga girl is adorable - love your colouring.
Thanks for all you lovely comments whilst I've been 'Missing in Action'. I'm catching up slowly (very slowly!!) and thanks for playing along with us at BG on our re-launch challenge.
huggles Heather xx