Pages

Sunday 2 August 2009

A trio of Challenges


Finally hubby is starting to feel a little better and it's not raining today so the little ones are outside playing.. while I get to play inside :)

I made this card for 3 challenges:

  1. Just Magnolia, week 16 - Distressing (as if 2 weeks of listening to an ill hubby isn't distressing enough, lol!!)
  2. Stampavie & More challenge #54 - School
  3. Friday Sketchers - 63 had this wonderful sketch to follow -


I used Magnolia's Edwin and coloured him using distress inks. I distressed the background using Broken China. Then I cut edwin out using my octagon nesties, and mounted it on a scalloped octagon. I distressed the backgound papers with an edge distresser.

Then I made a little folder using the cricut and the Plantin Schoolbook cart. I used white cardstock and distressed it with Old Paper. I cut out a little piece of my dp to slip into the folder. Then I stamped "A" on the front. (to give the impression that it was a report card!!)
I finished off the card using 3 buttons threaded with scrappers floss and some stickles on Edwin's wings. I decorated the inside using the same papers, but no stamping :)

6 comments:

Rach said...

this is so sweet, love the little envelope that you have added.
hugs rachxx

Juls said...

just gorgeous! love the little envelope in the corner.

Anne H. said...

Your card is gorgeous!
I love the colors and lovely details.
Thanks for joining us this week at Stampavie and More.
Anne -:)

PinksyDoodles said...

So cute, I love the envelope and the octagon nestie mats.
Clare x

Rach said...

Thanks for entering my blog candy sweetie. good luck. hugs rachxx

Dee2 said...

Glad Joe is feeling better, and that you're getting stamp time again. :)