Pages

Thursday 20 August 2009

Whiff of Joy#44, Papertake Weekly #100 and PaperPlay#31

Whiff of Joy meets Papertake Weekly


This week over on Whiff of Joy Challenges Rach has made a wonderful sketch to follow. I used one of the new Whiff of Joy Fall kit stamps and coloured her with my trusty distress inks, then shaded the background with Dried Marigold. I added some flowers and leaves that I won recently and some adhesive pearls to finish it off. I'm trying to used up all of the little pearls that are always left over so you may notice quite a lot of them on my cards recently, lol.

I'm also entering this into Papertake Weekly Challenge who are celebrating their 100th challenge this there's a choice of 99 different challenges!!! That's because you get to pick your favourite PTW challenge and re-do it. I picked Seeing Spots.

Ingredients:
Papers: Nana's Nursery DCWV
Image: Whiff of Joy Fall kit
Sentiment: Whiff of Joy
Flowers: Prima
Ribbon, pearls and pin from my stash


PaperPlay Challenges #31

This is my DT card for PaperPlay Challenges this week, which is a sketch by Mandy :) I just love these Gorjuss girl images.. and of course mine are predominantly blonde, lol.

Tab inadvertantly reminded me that I had a cute little butterfly punch from back in the day when I'd just started making cards and had no clue about what I should have been buying so I ended up with a load of things I never use!! This was actually a box of tiny punches and I made the little flower centres using 2 more of them. I guess they did come in handy after all. Again, I have added tons of little adhesive pearls :D

Ingredients:
Papers: BG Urban Prairie & Gemstones cardstock
Image: Gorjuss Girl
Ribbon: Making Memories
Flowers: Prima
Distress inks, adhesive pearls
Tools: Nestabilities oval and scalloped oval, cuttlebug, Craft Tonic punches (Do Crafts)

17 comments:

Dawny P said...

Fabulous cards chick - I love the images and colours you used :) Thank you for joining us over at PTW for our special challenge. Hugs, Dawny xxx

DeeDee said...

Both of these cards are so sweet and pretty. I have a stash of supplies I'll never use too. You could write a guide for newbies "tools you'll never use." :)

DeeDee said...

Both of these cards are so sweet and pretty. I have a stash of supplies I'll never use too. You could write a guide for newbies "tools you'll never use." :)

Juls said...

both of these cards are just beautiful!!

Rach said...

two fabulous cards sweetie, so pretty. I love the papers that you have used and your colouration of the images are beautiful.
thank you for playing along this week at whiff of joy. Hugs Rachxx

Powerful Search Engine said...

Two gorgeous cards Sandie I love your WOJ card so softly coloured beautiful hugs Pascale

Julie M said...

Really pretty card, Sandie. Those colours are sooo good (I lurve Urban Prairie!!). That's nearly a whole packet of pearls, too!!!!

Julie x

Tab said...

Absolutely gorgeous cards, hun, love this sweet images and your colour combo and paper choice is delish! Its lovely to find a use for something that you have had for ages!
Hugs Tab xxx

Annacarin said...

Two wonderful cards! Sweet colours and details.
Annacarin

Bev said...

Two gorgeous cards Sandie, love the layouts and the images - so sweet! Great details too x

Di's Dooodles said...

Wonderful cards as always Sandie

Giò said...

two beautiful cards. I love the details and the sweet colors. hugs giò

la bergere des fees said...

fabulous cards,
bises de france

Mandy said...

gorgeous! gorgeous! gorgeous!

I have those papers too! the nana ones, didnt know it was those you were talking about! lol!!

Jilli said...

Gorgeous card, love the image and colours. Jillix

Kathy said...

Adorable cards!! Love the image in the first one and the colors that you have used are so pretty! I also love the Gorjuss girl card as well ~ such an adorable image!!
:)Kathy

Sadilla said...

Both really nice, gorgeous colours, and very nice images... very cut!
Sadia