Pages

Monday 3 August 2009

For You

This card combines 4 challenges:
  1. Whiff of Joy Challenge #41 - Floral
  2. Simon Says Challenge - Distressing
  3. Pile it On: Challenge #9- use at least three flowers on your project (and of course, at least one other current challenge from anywhere else in blogland)
  4. and finally Sketch Saturday: Sketch #62

I used Willow with Flowers from Whiff of Joy and coloured her with distress inks. Then I distressed the background with Tattered Rose. I mounted my DP on pink/blue cardstock and followed the sketch. Then I added some primas and some flowers I cut using the cricut and the George & Basic Shapes cart. I added some adhesive pearls to the centre of the flowers, and around the card. Using the silent setter I made 2 holes at the side of the image, threaded some ribbon though and tied a bow. I finished it off by adding a little "for you" sentiment by Studio G.

Ingredients: Papers: PM Blueberry Hill & PM Cardstock
Image: Whiff of Joy - Willow with
Flowers
Sentiment: Studio G
Tools: Silent Setter, Cricut Expressions.
Distress Inks, Adhesive Pearls, Ribbon.

16 comments:

Unknown said...

adorable card!
thanks for joining Simon Says Stamp challenge this week :)

Juls said...

just adorable! Love the soft colours!

Chris (catt871) said...

WOW!! What a great card! The soft colours are beautiful!!! Thanks so much for participating in the Simon Says Stamp challenge!!! Good luck in the draw!!!
Chris & the rest of the Simon Says DT

Cat said...

Beautiful card! I LOVE the colors1 so soft and sweet!

Lollipops said...

Fab work hun!!!!

scrapaddict said...

This is lovely, awesome that you managed to fit four challenges!!!

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

So pretty and feminine, I love it!

Thanks again for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

<3,
Steph

deifen said...

Beautiful card Sandie - really shows that sketch at it's best!
Dei xx

Maureen said...

Just beautiful! Love all the pearls and flowers! Thanks for playing with us at Pile It On!

Karva said...

really cute card, love the flowers :)
well doe
Karva

by. Amy Schultz said...

your colors are so soft and pretty... and i just love all the pearls

Amy -- Pile It On DT

craftypagan said...

Beautiful! I really love how you used the cricut to layer up the prima flowers, looks fab-your colouring is stunning! Hugs Rowena-Pile it On dt

cats whiskers said...

How did I miss this stunning card HUn it is just beautiful
Hugs Jacqui x

raindropecho said...

So amazing! I wouldn't have known what to do with that sketch! Thanks for joining us this week :D
- Ann @ Pile It On!

Vickilyn said...

Adorable card! Well done!!

Thanks for playing with us at Pile It On!
~Vicki
Owner

Sandra said...

Finally back from my hols... Thanks for joining in with my DT week over on Sketch Saturday. Your card is lovely.
Hugs
Sandra xx