Pages

Friday 21 August 2009

PDD Friday & Just Magnolia

This week over on Just Magnolia there is a wonderful sketch by Rach to follow. I've moved a couple of things around to suit my image.

On my card I used the Tilda as Dragonfly image and masked her to add some flowers, which is also a magnolia stamp. I coloured my images and shaded the background paper with distress inks. Then I highlighted with my Inkssentials white gel pen and added some Star Dust stickles to her wings.

I cut a scalloped circle using my nesties, stamped the Butterfly Scallop Frame and also used my distress inks to colour that.

Then I added some primas, and using a little flower punch, I made some smaller flowers for the centre and then added some crystal gems in the centre. I also punched out a little butterfly.

I followed through to the inside using the flower stamp and shading the background papers.


Ingredients: Papers: MME Laundry Line & Gemstones cardstock
Images: Magnolia. Pez-A-Doodle Designs Butterfly Scallop Frame

Flowers: Prima

Tools: Nestabilities curved rectangle, circle and scalloped circle. Cuttlebug

Adhesive gems, stickles, distress inks

18 comments:

DeeDee said...

Very cute - love the little flowers. :)

Juls said...

such a sweet card! love the colour combo, and her sparkly wings are just too cute!

CraftyC said...

Hello Sandie, hows you? Love your card, a gorgeous stamp, beautifully coloured and I love the background!
Clairex

Anita said...

Beautiful card!

Annacarin said...

Oh, it's beautiful! And the inside...
Hugs Annacarin

Karva said...

Love this so much, love all your cards but this one is my fav ever :)
Karva

dolcreations said...

This is just adorable. I love how you continued the image even on the circle. Great idea! I love the colours and I just love that paper!
Great job!
Christine

Joanne said...

Very sweet! I love the pink and all the flowers, VERY nice! Aloha...

Bev said...

Such a fabby card Sandie, love the cute image and gorgeous colours x

Saskia said...

Gorgeous card... so sweet!!

Greetings,
Saskia :)

Mandy said...

beautiful! I just love these papers! used them last month in class, and I cant bare to cut them up!

love the flowers too!

Tab said...

Stunning card, hun, love the image and all the detail that you have added too! I adore these papers, can't leave them alone LOL.
Hugs Tab xxx

Heather said...

Hi Sandie - fab card - love the colours and papers. Tilda is gorgeous and your details are stuning.
Have left you an award on my blog.
hugs Heather xx

Kimmi said...

Beautiful card. Love the details and the masking is fabulous! Love the inside with the little flowers!Super papers too!

Hugs

Kimmi x

Ellen (aka ScrapStampnMama) said...

Such a sweet card, love your coloring and embellishments!!

Dawn♥ said...

Breathtaking GORGEOUS! :)
♥Dawn♥

Mina said...

what a beautiful card Sandie, I love the stunning colours you used and the inside is gorgeous...thanks for joining in with the Just Magnolia challenge
Mina xxx

Anonymous said...

hi sandie! beautiful card!! love the little butterflies and flowers peeking from behind!