Pages

Saturday 8 August 2009

PDD and some exciting news!!

Boy am I having a great weekend!!! Before I get into that I'd like to share with you a fantastic stamp idea exclusive to Pez-A-Doodle Designs. Nestability Frames!! This particular one is called Blackberries and it comes in 2 sizes per pack, the one I used is the bigger one. Also available is Butterfly Scallop Frame which is compatible with the circle nesties. I've a feeling these will sell out fast, so if you want them you'd better not delay!!

It's been a while since I've done a clean and simple card :) I put my card through the cuttlebug using the 'Thanks' folder and tied some multicoloured tulle around it. Then I cut out my nestie label and stamped the frame on it. I coloured the blackberry image with distress inks. Then I cut a bigger frame and mounted the smaller one onto it. The sentiment is a Studio G. I mounted the frames onto my card using 3D foam dots and finished it off by adding some white pearls to the centres of the flowers and along the bottom of my bigger label.


The other PDD DT members have also been busy, please do check out their blogs to see what they've been up to. Links are on my side bar!!

NOW.. on to my great news!!!!!

Firstly, I've been selected to join the Stamping' for the Weekend design team!! I am so thrilled to be joining this team as it's been a favourite challenge blog since it started up. I am so thankful to Kimmi, Donna and the rest of the team for selecting me and I can't wait to get started :)

And if that didn't make my weekend.... I won BLOG CANDY too!! woooo!! The lovely Amy had some wonderful blog candy which included a High Hopes stamp set. I've been dying to get some High Hopes stamps so I was exceptionally delighted to win. Thanks Amy :)



Finally, don't forget that Basic Grey challenges is back with their first challenge on the new blog - a great sketch by Tara G!!

And on that note.. I'm off to do my Saturday morning cleaning... ugh!!

11 comments:

Cheryl Walker said...

Sandie this is very very pretty hun!!! Also congratulations on your winning the High Hopes stamps, they are darling, I too need to get me some of them....lol

Have a wonderful weekend!!!
hugs,
Cheryl

Juls said...

beautiful and elegant cards! congrats on your DT post! well deserved!

Anita said...

Beautiful card!
Congrats on your new DT and enjoy your cute stamps!

Kelly Braund said...

Congrats! Love your card! We must be on the same wavelength cause I used an embossed background with mine, too! :)

crafty amy said...

YAY!!! I am soooo happy to be "working" with you. This card is brilliant I love your colouring and the colour combo. It is clear to see why you have been picked to join us :D
Can't wait to get to know you better
Hugs

X Amy X

Di said...

Hiya Sandie welcome to the DT over at S.F. W. hope we will have fun, love your work its fab

HUgs DI xxx

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

Fabulous card dear Sandie. Love the image and it is so beautifully with that embossed background. Congragts on the HH stamp candy win!
Have a great weekend Love Claudia

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

Fabulous card dear Sandie. Love the image and it is so beautifully with that embossed background. Congragts on the HH stamp candy win!
Have a great weekend Love Claudia

Janiel/ janny said...

Beautiful card and congrats to you on your new DT position.. hugs janny

Anonymous said...

your card is just gorgeous! and congrats on your happy news!!! YAY!

DeeDee said...

Congrats on the new DT, and the blog candy is yummy. :) I am rather partial to cows myself.