Pages

Monday 20 August 2012

DT Make it Crafty - Halloween Greetings

Morning Bloggers!! Today I have a Halloween card I created using Make it Crafty Spooky Halloween Chippies, yes, you read right.. no character image, the chippies have centre stage today ;) This set has loads to play with and I have tons left over that I can use as embellishment on more cards. 


I used a single sheet of patterned paper from Echo Park's Apothecary paper pack, edged it with black distress ink and matted it on to white and black cardstock. This was the background for my 'scene'.  I  then inked all of the chippies I was using on my card. I used Black Soot for the House and Spider Webs, Old Paper for the Railings and Tombstone and Spiced Marmalade for the Pumpkin.


I also stamped out a Waltzingmouse Stamps Halloween sentiment and a quote onto white card, crumpled them up and distressed them with Old Paper. Behind the sentiment/quote I added some cheesecloth. Once I had all my elements adhered down I blew the dust off of my Stickles (seriously! not kidding!!) and used them for edging the sentiments, and on the both the pumpkin and Spiderweb.


To finish off I added a button flossed with bakers twine and some pearl topped pins.

You can find these fabulous chippies HERE on the Make it Crafty Store. While you're there, check out the Baby Room chippies too.. TOO CUTE.. and another great set for using on their own. 
Have a great day
Sandie
xxx

4 comments:

Vicky said...

tOTALLY AWESOME CREATION SWEETIE!!

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

Leanne said...

O I have to buy those Chippies!! Great scene Sandie, it's spooky!
;)

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

This is great Sandie!! An amazing halloween card...great use of those chippies! :)

Debbie said...

This is just Stunning!!!!

Debbie