Pages

Friday 24 August 2012

Waltzingmouse Stamps August Release Blog Waltz

It's Waltzingmouse Stamps Release day blog hop!! Over the past 3 days we have been giving you previews of all of the stamps being released today. The store is now closed but will reopen in just a few minutes at 7.15pm (GMT).

You should have arrived here from Bonnie's blog, but if not then you should head back to the Claire's blog to start at the beginning. 

Today we are recapping on all of the sets. I missed out on Day 1 so today I chose to showcase Vintage Garden Produce, Vintage Garden Flowers, Vintage Seed Packet and Vintage Garden Appleblossom Seeds and boy did I have a lot of fun with them.. so grab a coffee and pull up a chair :D

First up I made a sweet card featuring Vintage Garden Appleblossom Seeds and Vintage Seed Packet

I coloured the images with copic markers and trimmed them out. The papers are old ones from Basic Grey. I embossed the background paper using Swiss Dots embossing folder and I punched out a border using Martha Stewart's Antique Lace punch. To finish off I added some 5mm flat back self-adhesive pearls. 



Next I made a 6" x 3" tag featuring Vintage Seed Packet and Vintage Garden Flowers


The papers on this are from My Mind's Eye. Once I adhered the backing papers on I fixed a large eyelet at the top of the tag and thread some seam binding though. I layered a half white doily onto the background papers and then adhered the sentiment, which I had stamped out using Stampin' Up: Pretty in Pink & Basic Black, onto the half doily with 3D foam dots.


 I used the same MS punch on this one as I did on the previous card and I added some Wild Orchid Crafts flowers and seam binding to embellish. Again, I added some 5mm self adhesive pearls. 


Then I made a gift jar filled with strawberries featuring Vintage Garden Produce, Vintage Seed Packet, Opera Tags, Opera Tags DiesGingham & Co. 


I stamped the Vintage Seed Packet with Stampin' Up Ruby Red and trimmed it out. Then I stamped the strawberry from Vintage Garden Produce onto white blending card with Momento Tuxedo Black ink. I then coloured the strawberry with Copic Markers, trimmed it out and adhered it onto the Seed Packet with 3D foam dots. 


I filled my glass jar full of strawberries and taking some cheesecloth, I used the Ruby Red ink and created some gingham design on it. I put it over the top of the jar, securing it with red and white ribbon and then tied the tag and strawberry charm onto it with WMS Button Twine


I am entering this into the Touch Twin Markers and More challenge - Good Eats.

Last up I created a Halloween card featuring Vintage Seed Packet,  Cicely at Halloween and Hocus Pocus


My papers are My Mind's Eye Mischievous and I've matted them onto black cardstock. I stamped Cicely using Momento Tuxedo Black and coloured her with copics. The I stamped the bats all around her with Stampin' Up Basic Black and distressed it with Old Paper ink. 


I used some cheesecloth to give a spiderweb effect and also some black lace. To embellish I used more Wild Orchid Crafts flowers. I stamped the sentiment on the other side of my pennant paper adhered it with foam dots. 


I did warn you that I had a lot of fun, lol.
If you're still with me... Next stop on the hop is Julia!!

Don't forget to leave a comment on each blog in the hop to be in with a chance of winning a stamp set of your choice. You have until August 26th 11:59PM GMT to leave your comments


Happy Waltzing!!
Sandie
xx

50 comments:

Pauline said...

Wow! Sandie, so many projects to look at! All so beautiful, I love the decorated jar, the halloween card and it's fab layers, the pretty little tag and that gorgeous card. Stunning!

Leanne said...

Whoa!! you were busy!! These are all fabulous Sandie. Great coloring and love all the details on each project. Very cool!!
;)

Kelly S. said...

Serious JAW DROP! Oh your coloring is ridiculously good, Sandie! Those first 2 cards are dreamy, girly, sweet...and then I got to the strawberry projects and just paused and stared for at least 2 minutes, so delicious. LOVE Cicely with the vintage backdrop you created. So so GOOD, it's a little artistic masterpiece!

Clare said...

OOooh, fabulous samples, love the stamped cheesecloth on your jar of strawberries and the pumpkin on your Halloween card! Fab!

Helen Berry said...

Incredibly pretty each and every one ;)

Liza said...

Awesome creations Sandie, they are all amazing, really great work.

Liza x

suezie said...

Oh Sandie - I can't decide which of your projects I like best! I think it's gotta be strawberry love but they're all so fabby!

Miriam Prantner said...

Wow! You really created a lot and such beautiful projects. I love the strawberry tag, but my favorite is that first card. So pretty, great stamping, embossing, composition/design. Gorgeous!

Lynne Phelps said...

Lovely projects, and that pumpkin is so cool on the Halloween card!

Rosie said...

Awesome items and thank you for giving us the opportunity to win eye candy.

Lynn W. said...

What beautifully coloured projects! The strawberry jar is such a good idea too.

Lynn Wild

Julia Aston said...

Yikes! I thought this post would never end girlie!! Love your card and tag - so wonderfully clean and crisp with the white and pinks! and your jar is so fun - and then your halloween card! Cecily looks lovely with the stampings around her and that vintage pumpkin tucked nearby!!

Jill Norwood said...

Wow! Wow! Wow! Sandie these are all such lovely projects! I was especially excited to see the Halloween one at the end as I am getting excited to play with some card ideas and just ordered that witch set too! Thanks for ALL the inspiration during this release! :)

Bonnie said...

I love all of these beautiful creations! Great projects you busy girlie!

Claire said...

Wow what great projects!! I totally love the first two projects you made, they are so beautiful and girly! Claire x

Judi said...

Goodness, you've been busy creating such lovely projects! Your halloween card is stunning, and the Vintae Seed Card and Tag is so pretty and SO well done!

Cathy Weber said...

I can't believed I didn't think of that pumpkin with a Halloween card, duh! You are so smart and creative, every one of your projects are beautiful, love the sweet strawberry jar and tag.

Anonymous said...

Such a wonderful idea, love it,thank you for sharing it.

Sharron said...

OMG, every one is just SO amazing! Your coloring is awesome--especially that strawberry! And I love how you created a vintage scene with Cicely. Love that card--the pumpkin works great there too!

Cynde said...

Sandie your cards , jar and tag are so Luscious and Gorgeous. So many beautiful layers to look at on each one. Love the cheese cloth that you stamped and the little charm...perfect. Love all the added touches you put into your art to make it so interesting and Gorgeous~~

Deborah Frings said...

Wow - you really have been busy with your projects. I adore the jar of strawberries with the pretty labels. And the Halloween card is just super! Thanks for sharing.

Caryn S said...

Amazing projects! There are so many great layers and textures here and even the simple little bottle label is just lovely.

Disco Queen said...

Hi Sandie, You really got carried away bringing us four amazing projects. You must really love these stamps & I can see why. They are gorgeous. Thanks for all your hard work & inspiration x

Dottie said...

These projects are fantastic. To make cards of this caliber is truly a special "arty" gift! Beautiful job.

Pattie J. said...

real vintage creations. and that strawberry looks good enough to eat. ....thanks for sharing.

Renee said...

They're all fabulous...
but I have to say the jar is my favorite!
That strawberry looks so incredibly yummy...
like I could literally just pop it in my mouth! :)

meemee48 said...

All of your cards are works of art, especially the seed packet one.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, there are so many things I love here! The gingham cheesecloth is such a cool idea and the little strawberry charm on the tag is adorable! Great job!

Marlena M. said...

Lovely projects Sandie! Each are so pretty.

Dianal said...

Love all your projects. I would not have thought to use the stamps for the halloween card ... you now have my creative juices flowing thinking of things I could create with this new release.

LDonohue1 said...

Wow, your Halloween card is so wonderful I love Cicely. I hope you frame it or publish it~its a beauty. I so love the colors you used in the Hope Grows card. Thanks for the inspiration.

Polly said...

These are some gorgeous projects! Love what you've done with the new stamp sets!

Melissa said...

Wow, you've made many beautiful projects! My favorite is the first one with the pretty pinks and yellow!

Sonia said...

You have been busy! Such great projects- I love them all!

TeresaAngelina said...

so pretty!

craftymom205 said...

Lovely projects.

craftymom205 at yahoo dot com

Rebecca Ednie said...

Beautiful projects but my Fav is the strawberry tag!

Joyce said...

So many stunning projects. Wow!

Jo4Him said...

What fun projects; love the vintage card. Every project had great details. Thanks for sharing

Kim Heggins said...

Wow...all of your cards are beautiful but the last one with the pumpkin and Cicely, just so sweet. Love it!

mimi said...

Wow, gorgeous cards and tags! Thanks for all the inspiration.

Kate said...

Oh my what a lotta eye candy - I'm speechless (which is saying a lot)!

lorrayneingram said...

Love the strawberry card.

lorrayneingram said...

I love the strawberry card

Sue D said...

Fabulous projects with these new sets. Love the strawberry tag.

Denise Bryant said...

You were busy! So many projects! Love them all!
DeniseB

B said...

Gasp - stunning projects Sandie! LOVE all the details and the stunning coloring!

Charmaine Stack said...

You were inspired, Sandie! New stamps are always so much fun. I love the crisp white of the seed card and the soft pink of the tag snd the mouthwatering ruby of the strawberries... Well, they are all yummy!

Anonymous said...

Great work !

Margaret C

Vicky said...

Love all your projects especially the jar & the first card the coloring is great & the pearls add a lot.